Catholic Relief Services (CRS), PVO Act number 6/2002 carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States of America to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS Zimbabwe engages Interns as a corporate social responsibility to provide students with on-the-job practical training. The duration of the attachment is one year.
CRS Zimbabwe intends to engage an Intern for the Finance Unit based in Harare for period September 2016 to August 2017.
Duties and learning areas
- Process payments and receivables in liaison with the finance officer, including compiling checklists and transfer instructions.
- Ensure that all payables transactions comply with CRS policies and procedures, CRS Map of authorities, local statutory regulations and Acts (withholding taxes), donor policies and regulations, and contractual obligations (terms and conditions of contracts).
- Apply donor policies and regulations, CRS policies and procedures, GAAP, internal control processes and systems for transactions being processed.
- Ensure vouchers have adequate supporting documents, approvals and arithmetic accuracy.
- Provide the gate keeping function for all documents and ensure that all requests are correctly approved as per CRS/Zimbabwe’s Map of Authorities, have adequate supporting documentation, are correctly coded and charged to existing and correct T0/ T2 combinations.
- Compile bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Cancel and file all processed vouchers in line with CRS’s filing procedures.
- Process Implementing Partner liquidation ensuring that all documentation is complete.
- Liaise with partner staff on any pertinent finance issues in consultation with the finance manager.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager or designate.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Students in Universities, colleges or professional institutions studying towards an Accounting qualification i.e. Bachelor of Accounting Degree, CIS, CIMA, ACCA, BBS, HND or equivalent. (Proof will be required).
- Motivation to work under pressure and during odd hours.
- Integrity and good interpersonal skills.
Applications addressed to the Country Representative, together with CV and letter from the learning institution should be forwarded to: 95 Park Lane, Harare, or email: Zimbabwe.email@example.com. The deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday, 23 August 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS does not charge application fees or processing fees to potential applicants or any fee throughout the recruitment process