Finance Clerk – HALO Trust
Deadline: Friday 15 April 2016
The HALO Trust
HALO is an international NGO specialising in the clearance of landmines and unexploded ordnance around the world. (See www.halotrust.org). We have 7,500 staff globally and over 180 in Zimbabwe where we are clearing the very extensive minefields left over from the 1970s. As an organisation we pride ourselves on cost effectiveness and achieve this through a high work ethic and strict discipline at all levels.
HALO is looking for a finance clerk to join the existing finance team on the programme. Note that this is not a management level position and will not be paid as such. Main responsibilities will include:
• Recording of accounting activity in line with HALO’s Standing Operating Procedures.
• Vetting expenditure to ensure it is justified.
• Production of month end accounts and reconciliations for multiple projects.
• Assistance with budget production.
• Oversight of purchasing systems and prevention of fraud.
• Assistance with preparation of monthly payroll.
HALO is seeking applicants with the following qualities:
• Excellent practical knowledge of MS Excel. (This will be tested.)
• Relevant work experience in accounting field. References will be contacted for those short listed.
• Works quickly and accurately with high attention to detail. (Will be part of the practical test.)
• Additional skills in IT or stock control would be an advantage but are not the priority.
• Honest, self-motivated and with a high work ethic who will embrace the HALO ethos.
If you meet these requirements please submit a covering letter and CV which clearly outlines education and previous job experience. Please provide contact numbers/ e-mail addresses for two work references. (Neither should be a friend or family member.) Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 April. Any applications over 500kb will be deleted without being read so at this stage please do not send certificates of achievement etc.