Deadline: 5 December 2016
A local NGO in Makonde District is inviting applications for the post of Finance Assistant.
The position will be expected to support the finance department in processing payments, acquittals and capacity building and mentoring partners in project reporting.
- Provide accounting and finance support within the organisation
- Mentor & Support field officers and communities in acquittal process.
- Consolidate VAT for reimbursement
- Accurately record daily transactions in cashbook and produce monthly bank reconciliations
- Handle and disburse cash funds at workshops, and ensure secure custody of cash and timely banking
- Process payments and prepare payment vouchers for the project
- Writing and distributing cheques, transfers, RTGS and other payment modes
- Ensure that adequate supporting documentation is obtained after payment is processed
- Follow up and assess acquittals from staff on outstanding supporting documentation submitted and any issues arising from submission of acquittal report
- Follow up and assess acquittals from project field officers on outstanding supporting documentation submitted and any issues arising from submission of acquittal report
- Maintaining cashbook and monthly reconciliations in Pastel accounting system
- Filing vouchers and all project documents, correspondences and payment vouchers
- Maintenance of filing system for finance records of organisation and consortium
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or National Diploma or equivalent
- At least a year’s experience in NGO sector
- Knowledge of USAID financial policies is an added advantage.
- Auditing background will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in handling & reporting on various donor funded projects
Makonde District in the Mashonaland West Province
Application letters accompanied with detailed CVs to be submitted via email to: email@example.com