- Procurement/requisition of stationery and other office material.
- Maintaining the departmental and the Project Officer’s files, ensuring the confidentiality and security of documents.
- Maintaining and accounting for petty cash.
- Assist in the logistics needs of all staff pertaining to all travel and accommodation.
- Prepare departmental budgets and Labor Distribution Reports and Attendance Registers on a monthly basis.
- Receive and screen telephone calls for the staff, ensuring that messages are passed on to the correct staff.
- Stationery inventory control for the department.
- Prepare payment requests for the department’s expenses for submission to the bookkeeper and making follow up on payment requests and ensure that cheques are delivered to the suppliers.
- Organise for department’s meetings and taking minutes for staff meetings.
- Asset administration.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A Diploma in Secretarial, Finance or Accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO Finance and administration position.
- Knowledge and experience in computers especially Microsoft word, Excel, Spread sheet software, Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of database management.