Purpose of the Position:To provide wide range of administrative support services, develop and maintain efficient office systems and procedures.
- 1. Responsible for procurement/requisition of stationery and other office material.
- 2. Maintain the departmental and the office files, ensuring the confidentiality and security of documents.
- 3. Provide typing, photocopying, filling and other secretarial support needs for the department.
- 4. Prepare departmental budgets and Labor Distribution Reports and Attendance Registers on a monthly basis.
- 5. Maintain and accounting for petty cash.
- 6. Stationery inventory control for the department.
- 7. Prepare payment requests for the department’s expenses for submission to the Finance Officer and making follow up on payment requests and ensure that cheques are delivered to the suppliers.
8. Organise for department’s meetings and taking minutes for staff meetings.
- 9. Asset administration.
- 10. Participate in program Audits.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance or Equivalent
- Knowledge in SUN Systems
- 1 year experience
- Good typing skills and speed.
- Knowledge and experience in computers especially Microsoft word, Excel, Spreadsheet software, Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and a high degree of professional integrity.
- Ability to prioritise many demands without losing focus.
- Ability to achieve pre-defined results and outcomes using ethical, best practice methods.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely, cost effective way.