Gender Links (GL), a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender justice and equality seeks to fill the post of Finance & Administration Officer for the Zimbabwe office.
Purpose of the position
The Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Country Manager and is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support Gender Links operations.
• To manage all aspects of accounting, procurement and regular audit for the organization
• Support programme with budgets for proposals / projects;
• Budget tracking, monthly, quarterly reports;
• Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, payments, ledgers and supplier database;
• Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for the organization using Sage Pastel Evolution;
• Preparation of accurate accounting reports;
• Process payments timeously and accurately in pastel using the Sage Pastel Procurement module;
• Donor agreements compliance;
• Adherence to internal control systems;
• General ledger & accounts payable month end procedures;
• Overall relation with banks, including opening and closing accounts, negotiation of conditions;
• Advices the Country Manager on the budget follow up and be responsible of the accurate expenditure of the budget;
• Maintain the asset register.
• Responsible for the External Audit process;
• Maintain a proper filing system at all times.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
• Tertiary education with specialised certification in accounting or finance;
• At least 3 years’ experience in accounting in the NGO sector;
• Experience in pastel accounting software, Microsoft Office programmes and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet;
• Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions;
• Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to train staff in financial systems;
• IT proficiency;
• Able to handle pressure and is dynamic to change.
The above post is for an initial period of one year based in Harare, Zimbabwe. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with the qualifications and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Zimbabwe Country Manager on +263 4 798600.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 29 March 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right not to appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.