FIELD OFFICERS – REF WHH/ZW/FDO
Reporting to: Reporting to the Project Coordinator
District Station: Nkayi, Bubi, Umguza and Umzingwane
Terms of Reference (Detailed Job Description with set targets will be shared with successful candidates)
Welthungerhilfe and Community Technology Development Organisation seek qualified and experienced individuals to uptake the Field Officer posts, responsible for implementing project activities under the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund.
With guidance from the Project Coordinator the Field Officer/s will implement project activities as per set work plans. Field Officer/s will be responsible for initiating and implementing comprehensive sustainable Community/District Resilience Plans within the ZRBF project framework. The Field Officer/s will seek to establish, operationalize and coordinate all project activities and components, that enhance community resilience, address food security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, appropriate technology development, testing, adoption, dissemination and scaling up. This will be achieved through the creation of a platform where resilience is prioritized.
The Candidate will be guided by activities outlined in the ZRBF Project Work plan
SPECIFIC DUTIES in Summary
- The Field Officer will be responsible for promoting coherence of Community Resilience Building approaches, in close coordination and collaboration with consortia agencies, stakeholders and funding partners,
- Facilitate sharing of information on nutrition, both within and between sectors, including data on nutritional values of different crops and dishes and best practices, relating to preparation of these dishes.
- Take part in the assessment of household food production, procurement, exchange, preparation, consumption patterns and income source and possible solutions to household vulnerability.
- Strengthen women’s groups to be able to prepare high quality nutritious dishes using diverse crops introduced using the Innovation Platform approach.
- Facilitate the introduction and/or adaptation of plant seeds that are important for the community diets, introduce community seed banking and strategic grain reserves.
Knowledge, experience & skills required
• Degree in Agriculture/ Natural Resources Management/ Community Development, or other related fields.
• At least 2-5 years of postgraduate professional experience, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or rural development interventions.
• Experience in survey methodologies and data analysis
Technical Skills & Knowledge
• Ability to safely ride a motorbike a must.
• Advanced computer skills with at least intermediate proficiency in windows based word processing, spreadsheets and development related software.
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the job reference code in the subject line, by 19 July 2016 to email@example.com