Purpose of the Position
To mobilize community for Registration, Verification and Distribution, set up Final Distribution Points (FDPs) according to World Vision standard distribution procedures and provide end user monitoring and accurate documentation on all commodity distributions.
A. Commodity Management and distribution
- Liaise with Warehouse staff on distribution planning and commodities dispatching from Warehouse to Final Distribution Points (FDPs)
- Ensure that all commodities entrusted to World Vision arriving at FDPs are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the FDP.
- Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately. Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
- At the school storeroom, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy counting.
- FIFO must be observed at all storerooms in all FDPs.
- Train FDP Management Committee in commodity stacking, counting, weighing, and FDP Complaints Committee on Complaints handling process.
- Train beneficiaries on Donor, Implementing Partner, Program, Duration, Selection Criteria, and Ration Sizes.
- Project Monitoring ENSURE
- Monitor the distribution of commodities for every FDP and produce reports.
- Based on the distribution plan for each FDP and actual beneficiaries, submit commodity request for approval by District Coordinator
- Review all the FDP Documents and compare with the Master Beneficiary List. Record all changes and report them regularly.
- Follow up on Beneficiary Complaints from Help Desk and give Beneficiaries feedback of their complaints.
- Prepare Distribution Center Visit Reports (DCVR) and Food Monitors Report after every Distribution.
- Commodity Accounting.
- Ensure that all commodities are accounted for at the FDP and make sure all distributions are carried out according to WV standards.
- Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each FDP.
- Make sure that all Humanitarian Accountability processes and procedures are followed
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge and Skills
- A Minimum of Certificate or Diploma in Social Sciences or Development Studies
- Candidates should also have at least 1 years’ previous experience in a related field.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle is an added advantage
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel for long period of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding conditions. Candidates should also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risk areas
- Good command of oral and written English, a must. Computer literacy is an added advantage.
- A mature Christian who shows a desire to serve humanity and to strengthen his/her relationship with the Lord.