As an aspiring young female journalist, do you want the chance to sit down with a professional to ask questions about your future career, to get feedback on your work, and to talk about challenges you are encountering in the field?
Working with a mentor is a valuable experience for any young journalist, more so for female cubs and it has become even more important today with the increasingly significant barriers to entering the profession.
This is why Paradoka in partnership with World Merit Zimbabwe is launching a mentorship program for female student journalists with the aim to build a relationship with student journalists across the country and to foster the growth of the next generation of informed and engaged female journalists and advocates.
This program will help students develop their journalism skills, make connections, and gain knowledge on how to maximise technology in the execution of their work in the fast changing technological world.
Our mentoring program provides support for:
- writing and polishing a career plan with an eye toward long-term goals and career building
- preparing for a job interview and practising those presentation skills
- establishing an outside network and asking for help
- practising public speaking
- building self-esteem and confidence
- managing difficult work situations with bosses and colleagues
- finding sources and improving stories through writing coaching
- getting the experience and building the track record to boost your CV
- staying in the news business by building a support network
- Developing your leadership skills
- Practising ethical journalism online
- finding and applying for scholarships and fellowships
How to sign up for mentoring
If you would like to apply to be part of the program click here and fill the application form. Please note the deadline for application is Friday the 11th of November 2016, all applications sent after this date will not be considered.
How to help with the mentoring program
If you would like to help with the matching process, volunteer as a mentor or learn more about the program, contact Anoziva Marindire at email@example.com