Economic Strengthening Assistant:
Deadline: 5 December 2016
A local NGO in Makonde District is inviting applications for the post of Economic Strengthening Assistant.
- Develop and plan group economic strengthening initiatives in all organizational projects
- Track groups performance and vulnerability transitions
- Mobilize communities for Economic Strengthening interventions working with community and district leadership.
- Develop a selection criteria and identify project beneficiaries
- Capacitate income generating groups and projects on Business management and establishment of market linkages.
- Mainstream Health, Gender, Safety and Environmental issues into project work.
- Assist in conducting baseline surveys and appropriate project research.
- Facilitate identification and training of caregivers and communities on livelihoods projects.
- Develop data collection and monitoring tools and conduct routine data collection
- Compile monthly and quarterly statistical and narrative data
- Be familiar with the SAVIX.
- Tracking ISAL savings club usage of money.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Programs Manager
Qualifications and requirements
Degree/Diploma in Agriculture/ livelihoods business studies or related field; with at least two years’ experience in an NGO environment and a year in government experience in livelihoods programming; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Proven ability to train and motivate communities; Effective community mobiliser, team player, trainer, leader, documenter, innovative and good communicator. Ability to assist in writing proposals; Ability to ride a motorbike and a clean class 4 vehicle with a minimum 3years’ experience.
Makonde District in the Mashonaland West Province
Application letters accompanied with detailed CVs to be submitted via email to: email@example.com