- To apply email Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, please state the title of the position you are applying for.
- Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date is 25 September 2016.
EGPAF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Drivers x 33
Job title: Driver
Location: Selected Districts
Primary Manager: Team leaders
The Driver provides efficient, reliable and safe driving services to Young Adult of Zimbabwe survey teams. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide efficient, courteous and safe transport services to YAZ survey teams, Foundation staff and other visitors
- Delivery/collection survey documents, equipment, laboratory specimens and consumables, and any other items as assigned
- Driving survey teams and staff around the country
- Keep vehicle logbook up to date by logging each trip, daily mileage, fuel and oil consumption, etc.
- Ensure cleanliness (vehicle washing) of assigned vehicles at all times
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles (i.e. checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.) and ensuring that they are in good running condition at all times when in use or otherwise
- Carry out periodic checks (twice a week|) on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance/service needs and report accordingly and timely
- Ensure that all the required documents/supplies in the assigned vehicles including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses and registration, vehicle logbooks, office directory (Communication Tree), first aid kit, necessary spare parts etc. are in the assigned vehicle at all times
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Support country office staff with other functions as directed e.g. assists with photocopying, acting as Reception Backup, moving things around the office etc.
- Drive carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of a secondary education
- A valid and clean driver’s license of classes 1, 2 or 4
- A Defensive Driving certificate is a prerequisite
- Basic motor vehicle mechanics; and possession of certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in driving 4WD vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity
- A Good team player, with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel to remote parts of the country
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to abrupt changes in programs at short notices and a willingness to stand in for others when required to do so
- Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions, and be able complete tasks according to specific instructions with minimum supervision
- Good inter-personal communication skills (English and at least one local language -written and spoken) a must
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions
- Knowledge/skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the immediate supervisor.