CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Child Care is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. We are recruiting staff for a research study in Harare, Bulawayo, Mazowe and Shamva
Size Estimation Study
RTI international is partnering with the Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research (CeSHHAR) Zimbabwe, with technical support from the United States Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to estimate the population size and systematically assess engagement along the HIV continuum of prevention, treatment and care for SW in Harare, Bulawayo and Mashonaland Central.
This project will build on existing research among female SW in Zimbabwe, by estimating the size of the SW populations in Harare, Bulawayo and two communities in Mashonaland Central, Shamva and Mazowe, where population-based data on SW are sparse.
We are therefore looking for passionate people who are committed to this objective to work in the following roles.
- Drivers (4) 2 months
The drivers will be mainly responsible for driving the survey teams and ensure safe passage/travel to the survey sites. In addition, make sure their vehicles are in proper working order and report any faults to the office administrator or team leader when in the field. Specific duties include:
- Driving the project vehicle for the survey team on a full time basis. This will include travelling from Harare to the field on a regular basis.
- Transporting survey specimens to and from the survey sites to the lab
- Driving the survey team around the communities during survey preparation.
- Taking note of any faults that may develop on the vehicle and bringing them to the attention of the office administrator and project site leader as soon as possible.
- Ensuring that the vehicle has the necessary accessory tools as should be equipped, e.g. jack, wheel spanner and spare wheel
- Maintaining the project vehicles including oil and water checks, tyre checks, service checks, and any other duties that will ensure a smooth project flow.
- Maintenance of vehicle log book
Qualifications and experience
A mature person, who is well organized; ability to work independently but within a team framework with a clean class four driver’s license. Experience of working in a research environment and driving survey teams is an added advantage. Experience working in a reproductive research environment and working with vulnerable populations (sex workers) is an added advantage. Fluent in English, Shona and Ndebele.
If interested either email email@example.com or drop off your CV , application letter ,certified copies of certificates with three references stating clearly which position you’d like to be considered for, at number 9 Monmouth Road, Avondale, Harare. Indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for. Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 20th September 2016.