• Achieve the trade coverage, call frequency and outlet call plan in order to meet distribution objectives within the agreed levels of customer service.
• Achieve distribution objectives of product availability, customer service levels, fair trading, stock holding and stock rotation to ensure the company achieves the highest levels of trade and customer satisfaction.
• Achieve a mutually supportive and beneficial working relationship with the trade by giving assistance and support through regular communication and the prompt handling of problems and requests.
• Provide trade marketing information and reports on performance and accounts to ensure that the TMR
• Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximise the use of organisation assets.
• Ensure that the merchandising material and promotional prizes are managed in a transparent manner and that all merchandising materials and promotional SOP processes are being adhered to.
• Efficient and effective distribution of cigarettes into the trade to achieve route targets
• Ensure any customer reconciliations or investigations are raised with the TMR and are resolved ASAP
• Maintain accurate records and submit reports as requested in order to ensure effective communication is maintained with management.
• Ensuring that all call and ECS control cards are fully completed accurately weekly
• Weekly cash reconciliations to be done with Depot Clerk and sign off to be conducted with any anomalies escalated to the TMR ASAP
• Compile DRS and stock reconciliations every week with any variances escalated to the TMR immediately
• Ensure adherence to the Depot Manual policies and procedures at all times
• Ensure adherence to all EHS requirements
• All stocks and cash to be reconciled weekly and balance
• Implement route trade marketing plan which meets the objectives of the route trade marketing plan – in liaison with route TMR- in the areas of brand, volume , merchandising and promotion
• Manage the implementation of account plans for merchandising and promotion in the outlets of account chains through the use of Part-timers in order to achieve account brand, volume and share objectives.
• Manage Part-timers/Merchandisers in order that trade marketing representation in retail chain outlets is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
• Ensure that the route distribution objectives of company brands are achieved by trade channel and outlet type in order that availability is maximised in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
• Implement route marketing and promotion programmes with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the key strategic brands throughout the territory by gaining the active support of the trade.
• Establish close working relationships with the trade in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment and achieving set objectives.
• Manage assets ( ISF, POS) for the route to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
• Build and maintain new and old relationships in assigned route
- Diploma in Marketing / Sales & Distribution or Equivalent
- A clean class 4 drivers licence
- 2 years experience at a similar level
- Excellent selling skills
- Good relationship management and communication skills
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too