- To achieve the earliest possible registration of new agrochemicals of Bayer CropScience which is aligned with the overall crop portfolio strategy for introduction into the Southern African market and to maintain and extend registration of existing agrochemical products in order that they may be commercially exploited.
Coordinate trial programmes/activities to generate reliable field trial data and develop product information that will result in product registration and uses that are consistently effective and reliable.
- Compile and submit high quality registration dossiers to relevant authorities in order to obtain registrations within the shortest possible time.
- Update/amend existing registrations to facilitate renewals, formulation changes, new end-uses, new sources of technical material, and label amendments (warning clauses, resistant management clauses etc.).
- Ensure that product labels are technically correct and in compliance with the statutory requirements of relevant countries.
- Maintain an effective document (including trial data) retention/filing system and archival back-up thus ensuring that the Regulatory & Trial information is safely and efficiently stored for easy retrieval.
- Develop appropriate trial protocols and interact with Independent or Private Research Institutions in carrying out trials for new products.
- Negotiate with Government officials on regulatory matters as to ensure approval for the assigned active substances/product responsibilities.
- Manage and give product related technical support in terms of general advice and training to staff, distributors and end users (farmers).
- Desired Skills and Experience
- An appropriate degree in Plant/Natural Sciences or Agriculture
- Experience in Product Development and Compilation of Registration Dossiers would be beneficial.
- Agrochemical/Agricultural/Scientific background essential.
- Knowledge of Registration Legislation Procedures and Requirements in relevant Southern African Countries would be an advantage.
- Communication skills
- Organizational and collaborative/networking skills
- Team working abilities and good interpersonal skills.
- Should be self-motivated and have a keen sense for attention to detail
- Should be able to write coherently and professionally.
- Should be well organized, accurate and responsible.
- Should be flexible in performing priority tasks on short notice.
- Should have the ability to become competent in appropriate IT-tools.
- Must be flexible in performing priority tasks on short notice.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must be able to handle confidential matters.
- Must be able to work on a range of tasks concurrently