DEPUTY DIRECTOR: RECREATION
Reports to Director Recreation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the development of recreational facilities to strengthen social cohesion.
- Promote the maintenance of parks, natural preserves, sports facilities and street facilities.
- Prepare project proposals for investment, marketing and consumption of recreational
- Develop and execute a funding model for Sport and Recreation Arts.
- Participate in the creation and designation of recreation centres at iMational, Provincial and District level in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Assess and address recreational needs of the nation.
- BSc Sport Science and Coaching/BSc Sport Administration/Management, BSc Leisure and Recreation or any related Sport degree.
- Master’s degree with a bias in Sport/Recreation is an added advantage.
- At least 2 year’s experience at Principal Officer Level grade or at least 6 years experience in recreation or related field.
Salary and Allowances
Salary and Allowances for the post will be disclosed to short listed applicants.
Applications must be addressed to:
Ministry of Sport and Recreation
64 Kwame Nkrumah/1st Street
2nd Floor, Unity Court
P.O. Box HR480, Harare
Envelope should be clearly marked “Deputy Director Recreation”.
Note: Your application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Birth Certificate, National I.D, Academic and Professional qualifications.
Applications must be submitted not later than 4th April, 2016.