|Key Result Areas||REPORTING|
• Examines and evaluates purpose and content of business reports to develop new, or improve existing format, use, and control
• Confers with persons originating, handling, processing, or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements
• Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
DATA QUALITY AND ASSESSMENT
• Reviews data cubes refreshing.
• Monitor for timely and accurate completion of selected data elements
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented in the reporting modules
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND REPORTING IMPLEMENTATION
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
• Conducts User Acceptance Tests with user departments
• Conducts post-implementation assessment with user departments
• Provides first line support for all business intelligence issues as per SLAs
DATA MINING AND ANALYTICS
• Prepares the data to be used in routine analytics
• Applies approved data mining models to explain patterns and trends
• Meets with staff, discusses and agrees medium and short term objectives, develops a work plan, and checks that this is being carried out;
• Trains staff, or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding and compliance of rules and regulations;
• Carries out ongoing evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action (for example further on the job training);
• Monitors the overall welfare of staff (such as sickness, loans, death of family), and takes the appropriate action for immediate assistance;
• Approves, or signs off (as applicable) leave, sick leave and requisition requests;
• Identifies disciplinary problems or issues being carried out by staff, and arranges for the necessary disciplinary action (such as setting up the disciplinary committee through Human Resources).