LOCATION: GOKWE NORTH & GOKWE SOUTH
The purpose of this position is to support the Programme Officers in the implementation of the Life Course Immunisation Programme covering Gokwe South and Gokwe North.
The programme’s clinical assistant will be responsible for initiating school based HPV vaccination in the targeted districts as well as supporting programme related research.The clinical assistant will also take part in the capacity building of and monitoring programme change agents,community sensitization and social mobilization and representing the programme as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Sensitise and mobilise the community including religious and traditional leaders to participate in the immunisation programme.
- Facilitate the training of programme demand generation agents.
- To provide supportive monitoring of programme volunteers.
- Administer school based HPV vaccination in the programme areas.
- Support programme research initiatives.
- Compile monthly reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Diploma in Nursing
- Certified nurse with immunisation experience.
- Experience in community development an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team player and able to work under pressure.
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft word and excel
- Ability to work and stay in rural communities.