The Incumbent will be responsible to the Properties Manager
Based in Bulawayo, the incumbent will be responsible to the Properties Manager for supervising new projects and maintaining works undertaken for Tel One ensuring all works are to specifications, contract documents and in conformity to relevant statutory instruments.
Major activities of the Job
- To prepare works specifications and cost estimates related to all types of building works. To prepare plans for minor additions, alterations, and extensions to old and new buildings. To design and liaise with local authorities with regard to details of construction by-laws.
- To verify claims and certificates submitted by contractors for work carried out.
- Carry out assessments and compile Bills of Quantities for major works for outsourcing as well as participating in the evaluation of the tender for engagement of service provider
- Participate in cost estimates and cost benefit analysis for projects to enable approval of works by senior management, assess and formulate materials schedules for procurement
- Consider requests for scope changes (variations) from contractors and/or Users and submit recommendations to Management.
- Certify completed works and verify interim claims submitted by contractors to facilitate payment to the service provider
- Provide Management with input for compilation of departmental annual budget Liaise with Users to ensure requests are supported by a financial provision
- Participate in implementing cost cutting measures
- Provide guidance to subordinates in the performance of tasks, identify competency deficiencies and recommend for training.
- Rural and Urban Planning (minimum degree only with a major in Construction economics).
- Higher National Diploma in Architecture / Quantity Surveying/ Civil or Structural Engineering.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the construction industry. Driver’s License a must.
- Sound project management skills AutoCAD Skills
- Supervisory skills
- High level of attention to detail and interpersonal skills Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce 3Dimensional drawings (3D)/ models is an added advantage.
If you wish to be considered for the post above, please apply with detailed Curriculum Vitae in an envelope clearly marked “STAFF CONFIDENTIAL – APPLICATION FOR A VACANT POST” to the,
Human Resources Director, TelOne Private Limited, 107 Kwame Nkrumah, Runhare Building, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 July 2016. Canvasing will disqualify