Old Mutual Insurance Company, one of the largest and most mature short-term insurance Companies in Zimbabwe is looking for a senior Claims person to join their executive team. This role manages the Claims Division, focusing on the Claims strategy and customer centricity.
- Degree in Risk Management & Insurance or equivalent. AIISA/ACII Diploma.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the Insurance industry of which at least three (3) spent in a managerial position.
- Responsible for formulating the Claims business strategy on customer servicing recoveries, valuations, repairs and contracting assessors and claims service providers.
- Responsible for processing of claims and for large claims, in consultation with general management.
- Analyses reports submitted by Information Technology and Assessors on the losses.
- Liaises with Underwriting Managers, Re-insurers and makes recommendations on preventive/remedial measures on future risks.
- Identifies claim leakages and potential leakage areas in order to take preventive actions and prevent financial prejudice to the Company.
- Liaises with direct clients, Brokers or Intermediaries and Corporate Clients.
- Produces monthly management reports on Claims.
- Attends quarterly Board meetings to report on the Claims Portfolio.