|Have you been a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a background in private equity / hedge fund / investment management industry in Africa? Our client is seeking a qualified Chief Financial Officer to join their team in Harare, Zimbabwe.|
Salary: The Company is offering a competitive salary and benefits, rewarding work environment and exciting career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
- Coordinate finance activities, including quarterly reporting for the funds, tax compliance and financial reporting.
- Supervise a fund accountant whose responsibilities will include fund and management company accounting, budgeting, cash flow management and other financial analyses for the management company.
- Ensure that accurate, timely analysis and reporting of financial information is in line with the firm’s goals, objectives and obligations.
- Oversee preparation of fund financial statements.
- Supervise fund audits and tax matters.
- Cash management, including monitoring cash balances, capital requirements, investment funding, manage reserves, etc. Review and analyse due diligence reports.
- Collection, review and maintenance of portfolio company financials and reporting.
- Oversee portfolio company valuations, in line with IPEVCA guidelines.
- Oversee distributions and other communications with limited partners.
- Identify and stay abreast of changes in GAAP that impact the firm’s accounting and reporting.
- Assist in Limited Partners relationships, investor meetings, due diligence and fundraising.
- Contribute to briefing and management of external legal counsel in preparation and review of complex legal agreements, including limited partnership agreements and portfolio company deal documents.
- Oversight of various firm administrative and office needs, including benefits and other aspects of human resources, IT, facilities, office leases, supply agreements, office management.
- Work closely with external parties, including auditors and tax professionals, attorneys, limited partners and portfolio company CEOs/CFOs.
- Qualified chartered accountant.
- Prior experience working as a CFO or controller of a private equity/hedge fund/investment management firm is desirable.
- Familiarity with alternative investment fund documentation is highly desirable.
- Corporate transaction experience desirable (particularly with direct exposure to business due diligence issues and post-acquisition responsibility).
- Demonstrated analytical, accounting/financial, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of audience.
- Written and oral communications skills are critical.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a small versatile team is a must.