Bids to be submitted by 22 January 2017: firstname.lastname@example.org
Info Call: 0772546488
Youth Advocates is a DREAMS Innovation Challenge winner and has been awarded a two-year grant for six districts (Bulawayo, Gweru, Mazoe, Makoni, Mutare and Chipinge) focusing on Applying Data to increase program impact and HIV services uptake. The proposed solution will build on Youth Advocate’s-Youth Helpline platform to promote counselling and community-owned citizen engagement data collection mechanisms (citizen-generated data) through various platforms (e.g., SMS, phone calls or social media) to fill data gaps relevant to DREAMS at the local and sub-national levels. The project will use data visualizations from multiple sources and sectors to guide program implementation and platforms that enhance the capacity of institutions and civil society to use data in DREAMS districts.
2. The Assignment
The consultant is expected to undertake a baseline assessment to measure the levels of uptake of SRH and HIV/AIDS services (layering) and opportunities for using IVR/SMS/Social media among adolescence girls and young women in complementing DREAMS partners, current data gaps for partners and develop a custom-made Call Centre Software to manage the Voice/SMS/Social media platform and visual applications for GEO service locator and real time data visualisation maps.
2.1 Purpose of the Baseline Assessment
The purpose of this assessment is to gather baseline data and customise ICT platforms that will support Youth Advocates with the implementation and evaluation of the project.
2.2 Objectives of the assignment
The baseline and ICT systems assessment seeks to:
- Assess the current data and service uptake gaps amongst DREAMS partners and community stakeholders
- Recommend opportunities for and customise (Develop) the Youth Helpline software for counselling, data collection and presentation for stakeholders across the DREAMS districts.
- Integrate multiple Data sources (DHIS-2) for improved client management and data visualisation.
3. Scope of the work
The successful individual or firm will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
a) Conduct (and produce a report on) an exhaustive review on current layering and gaps in the DREAMS districts.
b) Upgrade Call Centre Software including the data collection and visualisation tools.
c) Develop, present and submit Baseline Assessment Report
4. Key deliverables
The key deliverables for this assignment are:
1. Baseline Assessment Report highlighting status of AGYW’s SRH and HIV service uptake layering, data gaps and clear opportunities for use of mobile technology in increasing service uptake and Data for DREAMS.
2. Developed Call Centre Management software for Voice/SMS/Social Media and Data Visualisation
The consultant should have a proven record in operational research, with specific experience in Call Centre Software Development.
The consultant should have at minimum a Master’s Degree in Computer sciences or relevant field. In addition, the consultant should have expertise and hands on experience in public health pre- and post- baseline assessments and use of M-Health systems for client tracking.
The duration of the consultancy will be a maximum of 4 weeks (28 Days) from the day of engagement.
7. Application Procedure:
Bids to be submitted to: email@example.com info Call: 0772546488
Proposals should include the following:
- A brief methodology where applicants explain the approach to be adopted and road map
- A suggested time frame for implementation
- Profile of company or applying experts.