VACANCY NOTICE NO.6 / 2016
Position A: Chief Fire Ofﬁcer X 1
Reports to the Director of Airports
- The Chief Fire Officer is the Head of the Rescue Fire Fighting & Emergency Medical Services department
- (RFF& EMS) and is responsible for overseeing efﬁcient delivery of RFF & EMS within the Civil
- Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) in compliance with defined local and international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises Management on strategic issues associated with Rescue Fire Fighting & Emergency Medical Services.
- Establishes long and short- term department goals.
- Implements and monitors the Airport Emergency and Rescue plans for compliance with international standards.
- Carries out periodic audits / inspections for all the CAAZ Airports to identify fire and general safety hazards / risks.
- Carries out annual fire safety audit inspections and surveys for all airports.
- Carries out Rescue Fire Fighting & Emergency Medical Services threat analysis and takes corrective measures to mitigate inefficiency and possible failures.
- Develops and implements safety contingency plans for airports.
- Produces procedures for tests and audits to determine compliance with fire cover requirements and to take remedial action as necessary.
- Ensures appropriate interpretation of ICAO annexes and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure Rescue Fire Fighting & Emergency Medical Services department systems and programmes are developed and implemented.
- Develops Rescue Fire Fighting & Emergency Medical Services standard operating procedures in
- Accordance with local and international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders for disaster preparedness.
- Ensures the recruitment and training of Rescue Fire Fighting & Emergency Medical Services staff.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Fire and Safety management.
- A University Degree in Natural Sciences plus a Diploma in Fire Safety and Management
- A minimum of 12 years operational experience in the Fire and Rescue Services, 3 years of which
- must be at the rank of Divisional Officer or equivalent.
- Must be medically fit.
Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of relevant ICAO annexes.
- Organisational awareness
- Ability to make sound and quick decisions in an emergency
- Knowledge of building construction, fire prevention, fire protection and ﬁre safety.
- Knowledge of aircraft construction and the nature of materials used.
- Must have working knowledge of Hazardous Material
- Leadership and management skills.
- Computer literate.
POSITION B: LOSS CONTROL OFFICER CLASS 1 x1
Reports to: Aviation Security Manager
The position exists to ensure safety and security of passengers using CAAZ facilities through assessment
of security risks and recommending ways of controlling the risks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the identification of security risks at all airports.
- Participate in the drafting of regulations ensuring that they factor in safety and security measures that meet international standards
- Participate in the vetting of persons requiring permanent security passes.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of risks and ﬁnding appropriate controls to ensure security of the airports
- Participate in investigating security breaches and security related cases.
- Work with other security agents in ensuring adequate security coverage at all airports.
- Participate in the development and documentation of departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in monitoring security operations in order identify risk areas and recommend appropriate measures to bridge the gaps.
- Participate in the training and development of security personnel.
- Advise management on measures to control and manage loses
- Provide evidence in court in matters relating to risk and security
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts General
- Security Management Diploma
- Criminal Investigation Certificate
- 6 Years’ relevant experience
- Skills and Competencie
- Knowledge of security as a discipline.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- High level of integrity
- Investigations skills
- Ability to compile and present evidence in court.
Interested persons should submit their applications, certified copies of educational certificates and
up to date C.V.s to:-
The Human Resources Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Applications must be submitted by 2 September 2016.