Appointment type : Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
To participate at the development of the overall Operations strategy that meets the Company’s objectives and is consistent with the Finance Strategy and the Global Operations Strategy.
• To coordinate the preparation of the annual Operations Plan and assist Operations Managers to identify opportunities to optimise costs and assets use within this process and on an ongoing basis.
• To provide Operations management with routine information, analysis and advice on ongoing performance against plans to enhance decision-making.
• To ensure On Time in full reporting on Cost of Sales elements in BPC and above market requests.
• To drive the strengthening of the control environment within the Operations finance by advising on compliance to policies and procedures, sharing best practices and ensure ongoing spot checks on control environment.
• To forecast, manage and control capital expenditure. Perform asset verifications and recommend the necessary ledger adjustments to the Corporate Finance for BAT Zimbabwe.
• To manage and control all BAT Zimbabwe Stocks by ensuring robust adherence to the stock Policy.
• To coordinate all activities related to the provision of forecasts for all types of expenditures in the factory and the activity of calculating and reporting to local and area management of the performance of the factory in accordance with the BAT guidelines.
• To ensure all Operations related suppliers are managed well by adherence to the Procurement Policy
• Perform quarterly budget review and highlight saving opportunities to Management
A financial background with a professional accountancy qualification (CA, CIMA, ACCA).
- 4 years of post-qualification managerial experience in a similar/ comparable role.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of financial management and systems
- Commercial acumen, with direct exposure and experience in Operations Finance
- Good understanding of the relationships, interfaces and objectives of different functional areas in a Company which is part of an International Group
- Possess excellent influencing and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within the company and externally.
- Commercial approach to all activities.
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco Zimbabwe