Purpose of the Position:
To maintain accurate commodity accounting records of all food commodities movement including receipts, loans, inter warehouse transfers, dispatches, distributions and losses in the district according to laid down procedures and donor requirements.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all documentation and records pertaining to commodity movement, distribution and losses is updated daily
- Compile district monthly reports and ensure that commodity reports are accurate and reliable
- Run commodity Tracking System for all food and non food items movement
- Maintain loss and damage register
- Responsible for data integrity for accurate reliable statistical analysis
- Responsible to verify physical inventory for the warehouse and ensuring daily stock control
- Review the physical inventory, stacking, ledger books and stack cards in the warehouse
- Work with the District Coordinator; Food Monitors / Warehouse Supervisor to supervise and provide training for all staff to ensure CTS standards are followed and proper documentation is done.
- Check the distribution files for completeness and distributions against School Attendance lists
- Maintain the CTS database and perform weekly system backups
- Submit timely and accurate CTS reports to the CARO Officer in Provincial Office Mutare
- Prepare invoices and perform invoice reconciliation at the district level.
- Compile and analyse commodity information to prepare statements including monthly and quarterly and yearly status reports and commodity summary statements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports showing planned versus achieved
- Ensure all commodity reporting deadlines are met; data updates from different operational areas are received and consolidated.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly and yearly end close procedures. Control revision of monthly and yearly reports
- Maintain and implement commodity tracking and management systems. Enter or supervise the entry and update of information in the computer system.
- Ensure commodity records are maintained in compliance with standard policies and procedures
- Monitor and review accounting documents and reports from the field for accuracy and completeness. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Maintain a neat organized and chronological filing system
- Update shipment register and shipment receipt summaries
- Update loss claim register and loss files
- Review food monitor reports and centre visit reports for consistency
- Review physical inventory tally sheets for consistency
- Coordinate with the finance department in the processing of transporter and donor invoices for reimbursement
Accounting Control and Audits
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures in the field
- Work together with the Project manager in preparation for audits and coordinate the audit process
- Conducton the job training and refresher training of district level commodity accounting staff on the proper application of World Vision commodity management standards including the tracking systems, document and reporting formats
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires a Diploma in business studies, accounting or statistics
- Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to commodities accountability and reporting and accountability
- Knowledge of warehouse and distributions
- Must be highly analytical
- Knowledge of computer applications software e.g. Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and accountability
- Ability to maintain a clear accounting, documentation and filing system.