Title:Agricultural Field Officer (OFDA)
Purpose of the Position:
– Responsible for the management of District agricultural recovery/livelihoods activities and coordinating all technical operations.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
1: Prepare monthly district budgets and expenditure analysis
2:Planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting and making recommendations on programme activities at district level.
3:Coordinate the selection of appropriate target populations to be recipients of agricultural/livelihoods inputs in the District.
4: Plan, implement and monitor as per project design approved activities.
5:Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal education activities.
6:Train field staff and farmers on sustainable agricultural practices relevant to the increased production of food for the target communities.
7:Coordinate with partners and stakeholders and project coordinator in the design of appropriate strategies for target population.
8:Collect and analyse agricultural/livelihoods data and inform the project coordinator situation on food security in the district.
9:Produce regular, situational timely progress reports regarding projects in the district.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. A degree in Agriculture, preferably Agronomy at a recognised university
2. At least two years experience working within agricultural production and developmentprogrammes.
3.In-depth working knowledge of cropping /livestock programme design.
4. Good working knowledge of government and community structures.
5. Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials.
6. Knowledge of how to prepare financial budgets.
7. Knowledge of local agriculture laws as these relate to plant and animal movement.
8. Holder of a valid class 4 driver’s licence.
9. Fluency in English and local languages.