ABACUS360 are chartered accountants and consultants engaged in audit, accounting, tax and consulting services in Lusaka, Zambia and Kigali, Rwanda. Our business expansion strategy is based on demolition of borders and providing services on a global basis.
Continued business growth has led to the need for an experienced Accounting Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia responsible for all accounting clients. The role has a 10% local travel component.
Eligible candidates are invited to email a two page résumé to email@example.com
- Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Contract period: 2 to 4 years
Work Schedule: Full Time
Organizational Relationships: Reports to Partner
Supervises: Trainee Accountants, Accounting Associates
Coordinates with: Taxation, Business Advisory departments
- Statement of responsibilities
Preparing financial statements, leading accounting assignments for monthly clients, reviewing files and ensuring completeness and adequacy of work performed, developing staff capacity, team and individual staff appraisals, managing accounting services costs, improving service delivery and efficiency ratios.
III. Essential Functions
- Planning and executing accounting assignments and company secretarial duties
- Overall responsibility for preparing financial statements
- Ensuring accounting working papers and electronic documents are prepared in accordance with best practices, and in compliance with IFRS for SME’s and GAAP
- Staff training, reviews and development
- Essential traits
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Math or Sciences
Completion of ACCA, CA or a similar IFAC recognised accounting designation that includes Auditing as a core subject
At least seven years’ public practice experience and working knowledge of taxation and a background in audit. Some practical knowledge of Pastel, QuickBooks or any other accounting software and strong MS Excel skills.
|Job Application Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|