Purpose of the Position:
The Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible for setting up and managing operations of the HEA Humanitarian Accountability and M&E system to support programme management and accountability functions. He/she contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of World Vision programming. coordinating M & E activities in country with the aim of measuring program performance, improving quality, and reporting program activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in social sciences, statistics, development studies and other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years direct experience in design and implementation of A,M&E systems; including qualitative and quantitative approaches to assessment and monitoring
- Clean valid class four drivers licence an added advantage.
- Experience in participatory assessment, monitoring and evaluation, training and facilitation, data processing and analysis
- Commitment to understanding international humanitarian standards, especially the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, Sphere, and the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) Standard;?
- Ability to communicate and work with beneficiary communities and stakeholders with professionalism, compassion and as a representative of the organization
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, CsPro, Epinfo and Excel; and information dissemination software
- Excellent report writing and information dissemination skills
- Good knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships for effective project design and implementation
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders- good interpersonal skills with people across a wide social range including project beneficiaries/community members, other WV staff/managers, government officials etc
- Ability to organise and facilitate capacity building/ enhancement for staff
- Builds coalitions to support change initiatives for sustainable community development.
- Ability to verify data quality
- Ability to speak Shona, Ndebele and other local languages.
- Detail oriented
- Inspires trust within/outside of the organization
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
- Stays open to internal and external feedback
- Understands the application of policy and the impact of decisions
- Agrees with World Vision’s mission, vision and core values,
- Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, risk management initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues.