JOB TITLE: A, M & E OFFICER (FAO-ENTERPRIZE)
LOCATION: MT DARWIN
Purpose of Position
To set up and manage the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation system to support programme management and accountability functions.
- -Design and manage the implementation of programme and project accountability, monitoring and evaluation plans in alignment with the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation LEAP framework
- -Manage the identification and design of key indicators, appropriate tools, formats and procedures for operational monitoring at each level of the objective hierarchy;
- -Assist in setting up monitoring systems to track project performance and changes in the project according to set international humanitarian standards.
- -Produce reports as per accountability, monitoring and evaluation plan’s reporting schedule and in accordance with approved LEAP reporting formats
- -Disseminate information from Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation to project management, implementing partners and funding agencies;
- -Formulate and ensure inclusion of accountability, monitoring and evaluation budgets in programme and project design documents
- -Develop and manage an updated database and information management system for programme indicators and monitoring activities
- -Prepare the terms of reference, design and costing of baseline, evaluations and needs assessment surveys
- -Collaborate with implementing partners and primary stakeholders to develop feasible and effective discussion events where accountability, monitoring and evaluation data is analysed and programming action is agreed upon
-Organise and facilitate trainings on accountability, monitoring and evaluation functions for capacity development and awareness among relevant staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field.
- Three years relevant work experience or a relevant master’s degree and 2 years work experience; one year of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with beneficiary communities, Government and other stakeholders at the district level;
- Experience in design and implementation of accountability, monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, CsPro, Epinfo and Excel; and information dissemination software
- Good report writing and information dissemination skills
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships for effective project design and implementation
- Experience in training and community consultation highly desired