Location: Beitbridge, Insiza, Gwanda, Nkayi, Lupane, Matobo, Umzingwane, Umguza
Purpose of the Position:To assist in operationalising accountability and monitoring functions in the assigned district. This position functions to integrate field level operations of monitoring and accountability, including field level enumeration and data entry in accordance with the project monitoring framework, and consolidation of monitoring and accountability information at field level for local operations and decision making.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Expand technical knowledge base of monitoring and evaluation standards and initiatives and serve as a resource person, providing conceptual and practical best practice expertise to the district field staff;
- At a minimum, understand and be able to convey to others through training, briefs etc up to date information and resources for minimum standards for monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs such as the leap, Sphere and FANTA guidelines.
- At minimum, understand and be able to convey to others the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, HAP-I Standard, ECB Good Enough Guide, Sphere Standard (Humanitarian Charter and Participation Standard), WFP donor requirements and WV Zimbabwe accountability guidelines.
- Develop monthly work plans in liaison with the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Facilitator
- Work with field level operational staff and district stakeholders to lead the implementation of appropriate complaints and response and information provision systems in the district, ensure its smooth operation
- Participate in the baseline, mid-term and end of term evaluations of programmes in accordance with the LEAP framework
- Monitor project implementation and progress of programmes by use of qualitative, quantitative and participatory approaches in data collection from stakeholders
- Compile, record, and file field level data from monitoring tools and accountability systems using relevant and appropriate computer packages and information management systems
- Provide field-level training and quality assurance for information required from other stakeholders (i.e. clinics)
- Immediately raise sensitive or important complaints with the District coordinator and HAE officer.
- Strategise with A, M & E officers/Facilitators to formulate solutions to operational challenges
- Work together and build productive working relationships with the district and ADP teams to operationalise Accountability and monitoring functions and systems.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Facilitator
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in Social Sciences/Economics/Research & Statistics or any related field.
- Working knowledge of statistical packages ( SPSS, CS-Pro, Epi-Info and Excel)
- Experience in conducting surveys / assessments
- 2 years experience in WV M&E and/or Accountability systems an added advantage
- Experience in food aid and/or health sector programming preferred
- Clean drivers license and motorcycle riding an advantage
- Willing/Desire to be based in the field.
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships