A Harare based human rights NGO is recruiting for the position of Finance Director. The successful applicant will be dynamic and pro-active and will be required to lead the finance team and participate actively in the management team of the organisation. The person will be responsible for ensuring financial compliance with all organisational standard operating procedures and ensuring that all operating procedures remain compliant with Zimbabwe Statutory and donor requirements.
Responsibilities and reporting: The Finance Director reports to CEO.
- Maintaining and improving financial management systems including planning, accounting, internal control measures and effective reporting, including cash management systems, procurement, asset management.
- Preparation of budgets for proposals and assisting in proposal narrative preparation
- Monitoring budget expenditure and cash flow, and reporting to management team, Board and donors as required
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Overseeing financial record management and reconciliation and preparing monthly and annual financial statements, and preparation and co-ordination of annual audits.
- Co-ordination of Risk Management strategy within organisation
- Participate actively in management team and act as Secretary to Board of Management Qualifications:
- Recognised Degree in Financial management/accounting and professional registration
- 15 years plus of experience, preferably with management of international donor financing
- Good working knowledge of Zimbabwe statutes governing financial and labour compliance
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of proprietary accounting systems (preferably ACCPAC)
Please submit the following documents by 25 January 2017:
- Proof of qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae including work experience and names of referees
- A one page motivational letter
Conditions of Service and Remuneration Package will be discussed with shortlisted candidates only
Interviews will be held in first week of February 2017.
Email address: email@example.com